We cannot but talk about History. Talking about it could be challenging when you have to talk about dates, specific individuals you know nothing about, and all that. The thing is this; it is inevitable.
In some cases, your instructor will ask you to pick or choose your topics, and nine out of ten times, you will probably be quite clueless about what to write. In this article, we give you a long list of topics from which you can make a selection
How to select the perfect Essay Topic
There is a process you will have to go through to pick a great essay topic. These processes seem elementary, but they are effective.
- Think. Well, the first is that simple. Before you set off to write anything, think deep. Get a list of previously written history materials, do some light reading on all of them, and then create your list. Any topic that crosses your mind should go on the list
- Select a topic with rich content that works for both you and your instructor. After, you must skim through your long list, be sure to pick a subject that you are confident about. You can easily do this by eliminating topics on your list that you feel are not good enough to write.
- Another helpful tip is the use of Wikipedia. It is rich in content, and it gives you a broad summary of historical happenings
Take a look at this list of essay topics that is very likely to interest you.
Here is a Great Selection of History Research topics
- The story of the English Industrial Revolution. This essay topic can be used to explain different timelines of the Industrial Revolution.
- You could also write an Essay on Europe’s Industrial Revolution. In this essay, you can compare the industrial revolution experience of different nations.
- A history paper on Martin Luther King; this essay will go along in shaping belief systems on color, the efficacy of nondestructive protests, societal justice and much more
- You could be broader in your approach by writing on civil rights movements. This is going to be a holistic approach to civil rights movements across the world.
- The American Revolution is a great essay that you can explore. Here reference will be made to the war, the post-war experiences, and America’s recovery from it.
- The end of slavery. It is a captivating topic to write on. The emphasis can be on a single country’s war against the illegal act or the world’s approach to embracing the right culture.
- An essay on Engineering’s History as it relates to how flights evolve.
- Another good idea is a paper on the History of the African American people. This essay will highlight precisely how “the struggle” influenced their culture and, in turn, their music.
These are only a few of the thousands of topics one can explore. When you are unsure, you can easily ask for help from other learned and exposed people.